Farm, Dairy Shed & Rural Applications
Custom Water Treatment Solutions
Are you on water exclusion?
The Dairy Shed Standards mean that water coming into contact with milk needs to have less than 1 E.coli per 100ml and less than 5NTU turbidity.
Most dairy sheds obtain their water from a rural supply, that is rain water, a bore/well or surface water. It is very rare that these water sources will meet these standards without any treatment.
Failing to comply with these standards can get expensive, quickly!
- Being placed on temporary water exclusion. There is an increased risk that milk will simply be rejected, meaning no payment at all for that day’s milk.
- $100/month fee
- Additional paperwork and process for adding chlorine.
- You will need to flush the plant with milk, throwing valuable product down the drain.
- A lower trigger for demerit points, each of which results in a 5% deduction in your milk payments
- Maximum is 12 demerit points or 60% reduction to your milk payments.
How to fix it
We are able to offer treatment for all of the common sources, whether you just want safe water for compliance, or you want better health for your stock and increased milk production by treating all of your water.
However each source presents its own challenges. We need to see or do a water test to be able to see what your challenges are, we can then offer an individualised, guaranteed solution to keep you with the best quality water and optimal milk payouts.
Whatever type of stock you farm, whether it is sheep, cows, chickens, goats or llamas, water is essential to the running of your operation and to the health of your stock and your staff.
Most farmers like you, do not have the luxury of access to a nice clean, treated mains supply. So water needs to be found on the property that can be used to run the farm. This might be from bores, wells or surface water (streams/rivers etc)
Often these sources are not perfect when we find them and need to be treated before they can be used.